Sunday, March 15, 2009

aladdin play

I decided I wanted to be in the play our ward was putting on for church. they put on aladdin. I was cast as a townsperson. then it just buildt from there. I got a solo part, then I learned how to jungle for the prince ali song, then i volenteered to help paint sets, then I was designing the sets, then I was asked to do the flowers for the sets, then that lead to being the sort of asst. director of the play because the person who was asst. director quit. sooo..needless to say it kept me very busy for a lot of months. thanks to my mom and cory they watched the kids so i could do the play. I love most of it. but i was really ready for it to be done. I help finish the elephant for prince ali. when he finished lex and laina were with me. lex and i got on. but elaina was too scared...


here's me in my full makeup and costume and me juggling and yes...it took a lot of pratice but i did it!!....






these are some videos that i took of the behide the scenes and also some videos of me on stage takin by my mom! thanks mom :)







this is me on stage during the opening scene. i'm selling veggies and fruits tot he townspeople in the market place. they person up front is kathy (the one that did my makeup). she's the narrator of the play.
this one is better if you see it in a dark room.

I didn't get the part of my solo part filmed. but it's ok. my mom was still learning to use my camera. great job mom for getting everything else!! lex and elaina came to every night performance i had. they would get their pj's on and drive with grandma and grandpa to come see it. and they did really well the whole time. i would come out every night to say hi to them but they didn't want to have anything to do with me. elaina was very freaked out. i even took off my nose and head wrap. they still wouldn't come to me. by the 3rd night they both knew it was me but they still wouldn't go near me. poor kids. :( so the last night cory got to see the play and i took this picture of elaina while i was in full costume.
you can tell in her face she's freaked out. poor girl prob. had nightmares. so it was fun while it lasted but i was glad it was done. :) i won't be doing another play for a very long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment